• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Strange problem

Downinja

Distinguished Member
OK got a slight problem, had it for a while and have no real idea about cars so wondered if you guys would have any clues.

I have an old Ford Orion, it's about dead, but would rather keep it for another year, until I can buy a new one.

Problem is that when in gear and accelerating it veers to one side.

Only does this when you are either accelerating or decelerating in gear, with clutch in or in neutral it doesn't do it at all.

It's drivable, but you need to pay attention.

Any clues?

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
i have no idea as im not a mechanic, but maybe its the differential... if it has one? :rolleyes:
if it wasnt for the gears effecting it id of said tyre problem.

if its any consolation, my car pulls to the left if you dont hold onto the steering wheel, look at my MOT failures for possible clues :confused:

Downinja

Distinguished Member
Couple of people I have spoken to have mention tracking, but I was under the impression if that was the issue it would do it all the time.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Joe90sDad said:
Could be many things. Steering rack worn or balljoints on lower suspension arms worn.
interesting you say that, because my car failed its mot on that (or something very much like that) and it pulls to the left. its the Offside one that failed if that helps

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom