Strange problem with my LE40M61 Samsung TV, picture sometimes just goes

Proto Omega

Established Member
Reaction score
i have this weird problem sometimes with this TV
Only seems to happens with hdmi connections and component connections. Sometimes the screen will just black out like if its gone off but it really hasnt.. Its like it thinks its still on, but I get a completely black screen like if its switched off. I cant access the osd or anything unless i switch it off and turn it back on from the remote. Then everything becomes ok again.

xbox 360 connection through vga never has this problem only the wii (component) and ps3 (HDMI).

I noticed it also only usually happens when theres a screen transition from a loading screen to the main game or something. But its still pretty random.

It happens more when i just switched on those patricular connections then it eventually stops happening after like 15 min. Its very random as it wont happen at all sometimes.

Its not a major problem at the moment but I was wonderinfg if someone else had this kind of problem and if theres some solution to it?

Hi, i have experienced the very same problem. I have the TV connected to a PS3 using HDMI.

I contacted Samsung support and explained the situation, they recommended me to take the TV back to the store and claim technichal malfunction. I did and after some discussions the store agreed to replace the TV with a new one.

I have not experienced the problem with the new TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom