strange problem with mw3

Danbottomburp

Ex Member
Reaction score
i just turned it on now for a game of kill confirmed and it said something like "original maps only "
but when the game started i think it was "sanctuary" so hardly a original map .

checked within the ps store under view downloads and was amazed to see about 7-8 aground there .

in the middle of downloading vortex , artci recon and so on , does it mean because i dont have these latest maps downloaded that i am play original maps and its counting these latest as new dlc .

and why have i got about 7-8 aground ?

will be back once downloads completed and edit post with my findings , also we wont get decomission and offshore just yet on ps3 right >?

silly me , there are 7 titled aground as there were 7 pieces of content back in may .
and after downloading cortex etc the annoying message telling me i can only play original maps has gone .
sorted .

Last edited:
Same here for me too

I think the servers ar buggered as overwatch and liberation just popped up without being re-downloaded

I just chucked on the 360 and its done the same. On the 360 the store is now layered out differently with a list of all content saying "installed" or "to download". Everything was listed as to download. So I have clicked it all went to the dashboard and everything I have is being downloaded in seconds - so it obviously knows its on the hard drive.

I think this has been done deliberately by IW as opposed to servers mashing up as its unlikely to effect both the Ps3 and 360

Mine is messed up now. I saw a posting saying that i had to download everything again. I did that and now i am told that i have no DLC..... Now what?
Eject MW3. Put in a game that's worth playing. Like Disney Universe.

Or black ops.

I have been playing it quite a bit. And every game I think this is brilliant.

I chucked in MW3 after no games in 3 weeks and had two games. One game of HQ Terminal and one game of Faceoff Dom on one of the new maps on the 360.

I thought Sh^^ throughout the game. And turned it off.

Playing Terminal I constantly thought. Why don't I just chuck in MW2 as this is better as you can have Marathon and Lightweight and people use Stopping Power so nobody is camped up using Assassin Pro.

Yah, Black Ops is the better of the last 4 games imo. But I can't bring myself to play any CoD atm... there is a world outside of FPS for me. Diablo III is really pick up and play for me, I can turn it off whenever I want and not get that loss on my record (which I hate). Or if I get distracted I can just portal to town, do what I need to do, then go right back to where I was. Or if I'm playing with people I can just leave game and they'll get someone to replace me. Easy peasy.

(btw, disney universe is actually pretty fun... my kid got it a few weeks ago)

Believe me, i dont need to be convinced of that... I HATE MW3 with a passion, but just like to see the new maps, just so that i am feeling that i am getting SOME value for money from my Elite purchase.

Now days, i am playing BLOP and am actually enjoying playing a game, which after all is the point, isnt it?

It's not the point if you're still putting in MW3, lol.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom