Quantcast

Strange problem with Asus mobo and AOC monitor

barrysprout

I'm building a pc for someone at the moment and have hit on a strange problem.
The Motherboard I'm using is a Asus M4A785TD-M Evo. I'm using the onboard graphics connected to an AOC F22 monitor.

What I always do when setting up a new system is to check everything is working fine before installing into a case. And although I did this the monitor had just arrived that day and was not supplied with a DVI cable. Rather than go digging in the mystery box of cables I just connected it using VGA. Everything worked fine and I transferred the system into the case.

Still daunted by the big box of cables I proceeded to install all the software that would be required and all went fine.

Today I waded through the cable box and got a DVI cable to connect them and this is where I hit the problem-- No display when using DVI.

It gets stranger, I immediately thought the fault was with the monitor's DVI input so I connected my office pc to it through DVI and it worked fine. So must be a fault on the mobo DVI output I thought. But when I connected it to my office monitor it worked fine too. Only thing I could think then was that there was some strange incompatibilty between the M4A785TD-M Evo and the F22. I have a media pc in the house which uses the same motherboard so I connected the monitor to it through the DVI and it works fine too :facepalm:

I'm stumped! My next step is to start afresh with the mobo back out of the case but just before I do this I thought I would see if anyone has any ideas.

HELP :lease:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Are you getting the bios showing up and then the screen going black when windows loads or absolutely nothing?

Presumably you carried out a working test using that DVI cable? It could easily be a dud cable if you haven't.

barrysprout

No not even the bios display just no signal. Checked the cable with my own set up and cable is fine.
Just tried it again a few minutes ago with both the dvi and the vga connected from mobo to F22. When I selected DVI on the monitor it says no signal and goes to stanby but when I selected VGA the display came up in extended mode. The VGA was set as monitor 2 and so no taskbar was displayed. Accessed AMD vision control centre by right clicking and it does say that 2 F22 monitors are detected.

It's getting stranger.

Top Bottom