Strange problem after upgrading to Panasonic Tv and Blu-Ray Player

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by pageyboy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. pageyboy

pageyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,i decided to take the plunge and upgrade my tv and bluray player. I purchased a Panasonic 32LZD85 and a Panasonic BD35 blu-ray player with a panasonic HDMI lead to connect it all. I wonder if anyone could help me. Everything is fine up until i play a blu ray dvd with the 24p setting enabled on the tv and the player. Occasionally i get what can only be described as like a water mark or transparent ghosting on moving scenes. It isn't there all the time and i have no interference whatsoever. This only happens when i have the setting to on when playing bluray. Does anyone know what this is and know if i can do something to alter this from happening. I would rather keep the 24p setting on if i can as the quailty is amazing. Am i being picky? Is this normal because a lot of people would probably struggle to see it? I looked on the forum but didn't have a clue what to search for with regards this so i apologise if this has been posted already.

2. alsina

alsina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +605
    If you want the best picture from your setup, you need to turn off the 24p Film setting in the setup menu. This may make the picture silky smooth, but the downside is it can cause the 'ghosting' that you are seeing.

3. pageyboy

pageyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply. I would rather keep it on where possible and see if i can get this ghost/blur effect to disappear if i can.

4. alsina

alsina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +605
    You seem to have missed my point, the 24p Film setting is what is causing the ghost/blur effect you mention. The only way to get rid of this is to switch the 24p Film off.

5. pageyboy

pageyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I understood your point very well and understand what your saying above. But i wanted to exhaust all avenues before switching it off.

6. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I have a toshiba 42 tv and I noticed the ghosting when using Panasonic dmp bd30. I thought it was the blu-ray and turned off 24p but it still happened.

Then I realised that it happened even on my old VHS player.

I came to the conclusion it is LCD technology that is the problem. The ghosting improves after an hour of being on.

Also, I have my backlight right down to try and turn the greys into what they should be black but with no luck. FOund out if I increase the backlight and brightness the ghosting goes away but the picture looks horrible.

hope this helps.

7. Boostrail

Boostrail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
  8. pageyboy

pageyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I realised after i started this that this was quite a common problem. I just wasn't sure what to search for as it was quite unusual for me to look at. I'll know next time though. I wish it was something that could get sorted though with the 24p setting.