Strange Problem After Firewaire Installation!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by groundy, Sep 3, 2002.

1. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I recently bought and installed a Firewire D-Link DRF-A3 Card in a friends PC. The installation went fine and the firewire card works perfectly except I now have a major Windows problem :(.

Basically, since installing the firewire card, my PC will no longer Shut Down. Instead it just Reboots every single time I go to Shut it down. The PC is a few years old and the basic spec is:

AMD Athlon 600
    512MB Ram
    Windows 98 SE

I've installed the Microsoft Shutdown supplement and made sure "FastReboot" is disabled in the registry but still no joy. D-Link don't reply to any emails either :rolleyes:. I know it's the Firewire Card because removing it makes the problem go away immediatly. Other than that, I'm at a loss.

Anyone come across this before or able to offer any advice? I work in IT Support so am pretty competant when it comes to the technical side of things. Any help at all appreciated :).

2. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    See my reply in HTPC section.