Strange "prize winner" notification on android

Alfie84

Standard Member
Hi All

OK

So came back to my Samsung galaxy s2 after eaten a delicious pizza, to find a green + in my notification bar after looking it has popped up with

"Congratulations - You Samsung galaxy s II phone has been randomly selected" which I have click on not used to touch screen yet lol.

sent me to

weekly-contest.com-uk.mobi..........

Now I know I have not actually won anything, but an now wondering why this notification has appeared in the first place and what me clicking this thing has actually done?

Many Thanks

Dubster

Thats a air push notification, you get them in apps.To check which app has it try airpush detector app on the market.

Alfie84

Standard Member
Ah thanks that's an awesome app there.

It was an mp3 downloader i have recently installed.now installed

:)

Had my new android for a week ale so still getting g used tl things (especially coming for ios)

Thanks again

Gren

If it was music junk then I got the same thing. You can opt out but I don't trust then so just uninstalled the app. There's an Airpush detector app as well to help work out which is the offending app

Alfie84

Standard Member
Yeah it was called mp3 downloaded...free music downloads...i don't know what i was thinking anything free music downloads is always a bit sus .

PS IM LOVING MY SGS 2 AND ANDROID

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom