1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Pioneer 575A audio problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by FaB*Bo*Peep, Mar 21, 2005.

1. FaB*Bo*Peep

FaB*Bo*Peep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I am very pleased with this player appart from 1 thing which none of my other players do and that is when the player initialy "locks on" to a Dolby Digital soundtrack I get a horrible "crack" sound through the speakers, I can only describe it like a static discharge type sound and although it only happens during the intital soundtrack "lock on", it is very load and annoying and I am also a bit concerned that in the long term it may cause damage to my speakers.

The player is connected to the amp through an Ixos coaxial cable and this problem does not occur with any of my other players when linked to the same setup.

Has anyone else encountered this ? If so is there any way it can be sorted.

As the player is just within the 30 days if I cannot resolve this I will be taking it back to Richer Sounds which will be a great shame as I cannot fault it in any other way.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
    :lease:

2. rickardl

rickardl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Nope. Sounds :rolleyes: like a faulty unit, try to get it replaced.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Get back to Richer and have it replaced...PJ

4. FaB*Bo*Peep

FaB*Bo*Peep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK the Richer Sounds branch is a good drive from where I live and I did not want to bring another unit home only to find it suffered from the same problem and therefore have to travel again so I am returning my original unit to them for a refund, (a great shame but as always they were very understanding) :(

However today during my lunch hour I bought another 575 from the Hughes branch in the town I live, (they had a multi region unit in stock and price matched Richer Sounds, they also said I could take it back if it suffered from the same problem so I was very impressed with their service), but unfortunately it does suffer from exactly the same problem :eek: . I find it hard to believe that 2 units from 2 different shops in 2 different towns are both faulty so I guess it must just be a compatibility issue with my amp setup but it is very strange that none of my other DVD players on the same setup have this problem. By the way are you lot using coaxial or optical cables ?

Anyway tomorrow I will sadly be returning the 2nd 575 to Hughes and buying the cheaper Toshiba 340 instead which is a shame because given the sound and picture quality of the 575 I never dreamt I would be returning it for such a silly problem :(

Has no one else encountered this problem ? Can I realy be the only one :(

5. rickardl

rickardl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    For what it is worth: I have been monitoring forums and threads about
    the DV-575 for the last 10 months and I have never heard/seen anyone
    mention any problem similar to yours.
    And if two units have the same problem; they are from
    the same faulty batch or it is your equipment that doesnt
    fit together in some way.
    Can't really tell you what to do...

6. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've two players connected to my amp (Arcam AVR 100) through a digital coaxial connection:

- Onkyo DVD Player: it does a litle crack but only when changing to a DTS audio track. No crack sound when changing to a Dolby Digital audio track

- Pioneer 575: No crack, neither when changing to a Dolby Digital or DTS audio track.

HTH

7. FaB*Bo*Peep

FaB*Bo*Peep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took the 575 back to Hughes today and got a refund. While there we linked it up to a Yamaha 750 amp and not a crack to be heard no matter how loud I turned it up :thumbsup: So I bit the bullet and ordered a Yamaha 650 amp, (just praying it works as well in this respect as the 750, but if not Hughes have already said that they will take it back so I cant loose). Anyway the amp should arrive in my local branch Tuesday for collection :D can't wait :D

This also means that I do not have the hassle of taking the 575 back to Richer Sounds :D

I must take this opportunity to say that Hughes have impressed me over the last few days in many ways - the range of products they stock seems to be much more "home cinema" orientated than the likes of may other high street chains, they even have Kef Eggs :) , their eagerness to please customers, (nothing was too much trouble) and their price matching.

I certainly will have no hesitation in using them again in the
    future. :thumbsup: