Strange Philips 60PP9200D/37 Overscan Issue

Jugthug42

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums but I've always come here for tech issues. This time it looks like I havn't been able to find an answer to my problem, so here it is.

My roommate has a Philips 60PP9200D/37. Recently the picture has started to shift every 5 minutes. When the TV starts, it will be perfectly fine, with no overscanning or anything, but after 5 minutes of use, the image just shifts to the left, cutting off about 20% of the image and leaving a large black bar filling the now void space on the right of the picture.

If the any button on the TV remote control is pressed after it moves, it will instantly revert back to its normal state. If it is left alone, it will shift back after 5 minutes, and continue this cycle.

The set was originally working fine with a bit of overscan until I went to the service menu to change the geometry settings. I didn't change anything but the horizontal shift, but now this issue is occurring.

Does anyone have any ideas? The switch every 5 minutes on the dot makes me think that its related to some power save feature or something that automatically goes off every 5 minutes, but I can't find anything in either the service menu or regular menu that might control this.

So yea, any help would be awesome. If my explanation is unclear, let me know, I'll try and get some pictures back pretty soon.

Thanks!
Gregg

You might want to post in the correct forum...this is for CRT sets and I think yours is a Projection model?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom