Strange Personal Planner Problem!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by kelvin, May 22, 2002.

1. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Since about 8 months ago there's been an item in my Personal Planner called "Watch Your Own Week" (Obviously a Nickelodeon programme!). Funny thing is, I not only don't have any idea how it got there but I can't get rid of it!! Tried deleting it, nothing happened! A few times the "This programme is about to start" banner has appeared on screen but selecting, or cancelling it doesn't do a thing - it stays in the Personal Planner regardless.

Even weirder is the fact that it stayed there despite the fact that I moved house about 5 months ago. Does anybody have any ideas??

Kelvin.

Oh yeah... I've also tried resetting the box on more than one occasion (holding backup as I turn it off/on at the wall) but to no avail!! Weird!

2. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Myself and my brother both have this problem only each of us have a different program, mine being KPAKP on 07/0 at 6:59am whatever that is.

I cannot delete it.

It shows up on TV if say you have set the programme planner up for something then delete that program, at the time that program was about to start the screen would display the above program as being about to start.

A bit of a pain.

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    V. Weird!! Mine is also set on 07/0 but at 7:07am. Just wondering if it's as a result of Sky running some sort of check on the "day in question";) ... May give them a call tomorrow...

Kelvin.

4. Sparrow

Sparrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a new Panasonic box installed a couple of weeks ago. Since installation, there's been a Box Office movie, "First Of May", listed in my Personal Planner, apparently due to start on 04/0 (whatever that means) at 12.59 am. Can't delete it, don't want to watch it, definitely don't want to pay for it!!

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think holding back-up whilst swithing on/off will do anything, only depress back-up when you want to update the software, then you have to keep back-up depressed when switching on, untill the screen displays a message.

Try a re-boot without depressing any buttons, not being able to delete the information in the PP has occured a few times on mine and a re-boot clears it.

Re-Boot:

Put box in stand-by.

Take card out

Switch off from mains.

Leave for 15/20 secs.

Switch mains back on.

Wait 1 minute.

Switch box on wait for on screen message, insert viewing card.

bob

6. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I've always been under the impression that holding backup as you turn it off/on reset everything - ie software/memory etc?? Will try what you've recommended and see what happens - thanks a lot :)

Kelvin :D

7. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Sorted!!! :D

Did the "remove viewing card" suggestion from Bob - "You Now Have No Items In Your Personal Planner"!!! :) Thanks very much!

Kelvin

8. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Love it when a plan comes together......:D

9. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: