Strange ... on my GX3

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by karyboue, Jan 26, 2004.

1. karyboue

karyboue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Has one been able to have an s-vidéo image on line 3 ?
    When line 3 is set to s-video, all I have is a B&W image on my TV (set itself to receive an s-video signal on that scart input).
    I have changed AV inputs and Scart cables to check a possible material fault but everything works.

When watching a recorded DVD-RW, the GX3 commutes my HT préamp to DD and Dolby prologic II. I want to use DTS neo but it's impossible . If in the GX3 setup I turn the player to D-PCM it works but in that case sound quality is not as good.

Last thing, I really don't understand why Sony put the RGB output on the Smartlink compatible SCART since Smartlink only works on composite mode. We must choose RGB image or Smartlink compatibility :mad:

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Line 3 in an input,yes?
    What are you trying to connect to it?
    I have my Sky box connected to line3 to record in RGB,is it a Sky,cable box you are connecting,in that case is it capable of outputting SVHS on the SCART?

3. karyboue

karyboue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I connect to line 3 the AV3 input of my TV and try to get an image from the GX3 itself. Line 3 in composite mode I have a composite and color image but in s-video all I have is an s-video quality ... in B&W.
    I want that because I use the Smatlink connection with NexTWiew download and Teletext automatic titling when recording.

About the DD only coaxial output, I now know that it is because the recording is made in Dolby 2.0.

4. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you set Line 3 to output SVHS,as standard/default it is set to composite.

5. karyboue

karyboue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    :confused: Yes I did, so why in the menu having an svhs line 3 output possibility ?

6. Davidedwards

Davidedwards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to butt in...
    What DVD-RWs have you found that work? Where from?
    Regards.
    PS Yes the Smartlink vs RGB is a pain I agree!

7. karyboue

karyboue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    No problem good question.
    I ran 5 shops and none had any -RW

8. karyboue

karyboue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    If one has a Sony TV and is fed up with slow input selection ( ... I have 6 AV on my set and I know what it means) it is possible to disable AVs in the service menu.
    If the smartfile compatible input is disconnected, smartfile infos are still available from TV.
    Because smartfile works only in composite mode, I want to connect the GX3 to the TV with the line 3 in s-video mode (set on s-video) to watch DVDs. But the image is B&W. I thought it was a problem of SECAM standard but it's not as the GX3 outputs everything in PAL, so what is the point ?