Strange Noises

Lukeee24

Novice Member
Hi everyone, I own an onkyo TX-SR333 receiver and all was well up until I moved house a few months ago.

After moving I reconnected everything and set the receiver back up, since then there has been a popping noise that comes from all speakers but more notably the right surround speaker. This happens when I change source from T.V to blu ray and such, it also happens when changing speakers on the level calibration set up. When watching something the sound is fine and as usual except once or twice the sound has cut out and speakers popped for a split second then returned to normal like there had been some kind of spike in signal.

I unplugged the receiver and plugged it directly into the wall and it didn't change anything I've also unplugged all speakers and HDMI cables and so on one by one and it still happened. I even unplugged everything and put headphones in and I could still faintly hear it.

Not sure what more to do to try and determine the cause. I'm hoping it's nothing major but I'm worried the output transistor or something might be on its way out...

Cheers for any help

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom