• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

strange media streaming problem

jnmercury00

Established Member
I am using windows media connect to share my music and videos on my pc. I have selected my itunes folder to be shared but when i go into it from the ps3 only some of the artists are visible, not even the folder is visible for the albums that aren't there.
Strange thing is that when i convert the songs from aac to mp3 via itunes, they magically appear. what is going on?
I don't really want to have to convert my whole music collection to mp3.

Any ideas anyone?

jshippey

Established Member
Could it be that the ps3 doesn't support AAC files? Or does windows media connect not support the streaming of them? I don't know as I don't have/use pie-tunes :devil:

jnmercury00

Established Member
i am pretty sure the ps3 supports aac files, some of the files that are streamed are aac files, thats the strange thing!. I might try another program to do it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom