1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange MCE screen shift behaviour

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by OneEleven, Jul 28, 2005.

1. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've built myself a MCE machine based around the mediaPC.tv slimline intel bundle (which is fantastic by the way) :thumbsup:
    I'm running PowerDVD6 codec and have backuped up some of my DVD's using Divx (simpleDivx front end).
    Now when I go into MCE and play a DVD or a Divx file the display compresses leaving a black band down teh left hand of the screen (42inch Panasonic plasma) - almost as if it's 1/2 displaying in 4:3. Exit from watching a move and the band is still there. :thumbsdow
    If I exit MCE back to the OS then there appears to be a resolution change (screen says no signal briefly) and then the desktop appears across all of the display; go back into MCE and the band re-appears. :confused:

Play Divx or DVD outside of MCE then they fill the complete screen so I doubt it's an encoding/decoding issue.
    I was messing around with powerstrip (now uninstalled) before this problem manifested, could it be that? :confused:
    I don't really want to do a new install :nono:

Anyone any ideas :lease:

2. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you been changing the refresh rate in the screen settings->advanced->Displays->monitor tab ?

3. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +330
  4. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted - thanks. the refresh rate was set to 85Hz in the advanced bit where you said, and 60Hz in the normal settings - changed the 85 to 60 and whey-hey; all is good
    :smashin:

5. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    Have you got a pointer for this? I'm just about to emabark on building a new MCE machine & would like to get a really nice one this time.

6. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sure; it's www.mediapc.tv

7. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    Thanks. Looks like they have some nice stuff. The web site is a bit of a mess though in both IE & Firefox. Half the time the images don't download & every so often it asks me to log when I am just browsing through the store.

8. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nigelbb; that's our site, can you PM me with the issues you're having please.
    I'm not having any issues from IE and I've just had a firefox user (Mac based) give it the once over with no issues