Strange Mac Mini and TV screen issue?

jason44mag

Hi All,

So i have a 2012 mac mini running the latest osx and its connected to my samsung TV in the lounge.

I run Kodi on the mac mini and usuall connect to the mac mini via my macbook and the "share screen" feature.

For some reason whilst we are watching something on the mac mini (i.e. on the tv) and I close the share screen function on the macbook, the picture on the tv goes off? this is also the case if I shut down the laptop whilst watching something being played on the TV.

I assume this is a setting issue somewhere but I cant for the life of me figure out why the TV screen is linked to the macbook? I thought the mac mini was running independently and I only use the macbook share screen so I dont have to have a trackpad/mouse/keyboard on the go to control the mac mini.

Hope this makes sense!! Help?

jason44mag

Looks like the behavior changed with the latest OS X El Capitan. I don't use screen sharing myself so can't advise a fix. But bet it's a setting somewhere you need to adjust. So check out these Screen Sharing settings links which may help you find a fix.

OS X El Capitan: Set screen sharing preferences

OS X El Capitan: Set view options while sharing another computer’s screen

Thanks for the links, I had a read through but can't see any obvious settings that would change the current issue??

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom