1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange lines in Dscaler

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by NickBull, Apr 23, 2002.

1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got a small problem with Dscaler using S-Video input from my Sony DVD player (to play my one problem disc that TT player doesn't like).

I have starte to notice some horizontal lines in the top third of the picture, the stretch across the length of the image and don't seem to be affected by what is going on in the picture.

I am using a pretty cheap S-Video cable since I broke a pin on my decent one, could this be the problem?

Thanks

Nick

2. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried compsite last night and get the same effect. Lines in the top 3/4 of the picture, on a blue background they appear to be think red lines the width of the screen.

I don't remember this problem when I first got Dscaler and Pinnacle set up, could there be soem electrical interference somewhere? PC is close to DVD player and New Denon amp.

Could TV card be at fault? I am thinking of getting a LD player and a falcon card. I want to make sure things are working ok before commiting money though.

Thanks

Nick