Strange LG OLED TV Issue

WB8IMY

Novice Member
Reaction score
Our 65-inch LG OLED TV (OLED65CXPUA) has developed a strange problem. During commercial blocks, and only during commercials, if the last commercial ends with a “solid” screen — just graphics, no moving images — the TV will freeze. Switching to another channel, and then back to the desired channel, instantly solves the problem. This behavior occurs on a seemingly random basis and can take place on any channel. We usually experience two or three freezes during an average 3-hour viewing session. The only common thread is (1) it happens at the end of a block of commercials and (2) only when the last commercial ends with a non-moving image. This behavior appears to have started after the most recent LG webOS update to version 04.40.20.

I have tried a hard reset but the problem remains. I can’t find a way to roll back the webOS to the previous version.

Steve

As it turns out, the problem is apparently not in the LG TV. We have another TV on the same network and it is exhibiting the same behavior. So, it must be an Xfinity issue. I'll try a network reset and see if it resolves the problem.

Upvote 0
As it turns out, the problem is apparently not in the LG TV. We have another TV on the same network and it is exhibiting the same behavior. So, it must be an Xfinity issue. I'll try a network reset and see if it resolves the problem.

Sounds like some sort of frame rate matching issue maybe where the ads are on a difference frequency to the main programmes and the change is crashing the box. Have a look at the settings in your box.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom