Question Strange issue on brand new LG OLED65C6V

pjbish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Wonder if you guys can advise... I've just got my new C6 today and I'm so pleased with it except for some strange markings on the right hand side of the screen... there are 3 in the bottom 1/3 of the screen and 1 in the top 1/4 - I have attached some photos... are these a defect of the OLED screen?

Should I contact Currys as I've only just got it today or do I have to contact LG?

Cheers for your help and advice.

Phil

IMG_1234.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1237.jpeg

Looks like a defect to me. Contact Curry's and get a replacement. I'm sure if you show them these pictures they'll agree to replace it.

Better still take it back to Currys and buy from John Lewis they know how to look after customers and a free 5 year warranty.

Better still take it back to Currys and buy from John Lewis they know how to look after customers and a free 5 year warranty.

I would have but Currys are the only ones that sell the 65C6 - There is a 5 year warranty with Currys though for this TV.

Hmm, that does look odd.

Just one thing though, check if you've got Pixel Shift on. If so turn it off & see if the problem is still there.

Long press of Settings button > Scroll down to OLED Panel Settings > Screen Shift

Hmm, that does look odd.

Just one thing though, check if you've got Pixel Shift on. If so turn it off & see if the problem is still there.

Long press of Settings button > Scroll down to OLED Panel Settings > Screen Shift

I have checked and it was on but even when I turned it off, the defects are still there :(

I've emailed Currys, lets see what they say.

One thing though which is a little annoying is that I've already broken down the box and thrown it away (was taking up too much space in my little flat!)... do you think that will matter?

I have checked and it was on but even when I turned it off, the defects are still there :(

One thing though which is a little annoying is that I've already broken down the box and thrown it away (was taking up too much space in my little flat!)... do you think that will matter?
It shouldn't. They can put your broken tv in the replacement TVs box

OK, it was worth a shot anyway. Looks like a defect.

One other thing would be to see if it's still there after the tv has done a compensation cycle.

The tv will do this when it's put into standby (& left plugged in at the mains ) after running for 4 hrs & takes around 7 mins.

OK, it was worth a shot anyway. Looks like a defect.

One other thing would be to see if it's still there after the tv has done a compensation cycle.

The tv will do this when it's put into standby (& left plugged in at the mains ) after running for 4 hrs & takes around 7 mins.

Thanks mate... How long does the TV need to be in standby? I've been running the TV all day, so about 8 hours so far!

Might I ask how much you paid for the set? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

I paid £2799 with Currys but took advantage of Quidco doing 11% cashback on New Years Eve so should be getting about £250 back (Quidco pay cashback on the minus VAT price) :smashin:

Thanks mate... How long does the TV need to be in standby? I've been running the TV all day, so about 8 hours so far!

I paid £2799 with Currys but took advantage of Quidco doing 11% cashback on New Years Eve so should be getting about £250 back (Quidco pay cashback on the minus VAT price) :smashin:

It's around 7 mins. If you've got something plugged into one of the USB's that lights up then it'll stay lit after you put the tv into standby & then go out as soon as the tv has done it's cycle.

To be 100 % sure you could wait 10 mins & then switch the tv back on.

It's around 7 mins. If you've got something plugged into one of the USB's that lights up then it'll stay lit after you put the tv into standby & then go out as soon as the tv has done it's cycle.

To be 100 % sure you could wait 10 mins & then switch the tv back on.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

If that doesn't work then your last shot would be to run the Clear Panel Noise function.

This takes 1 hour to run though so it would be best to do this last thing at night, ensuring that the tv is still plugged in at the mains.

It can be found in the OLED Panel Settings.

If that doesn't work then your last shot would be to run the Clear Panel Noise function.

This takes 1 hour to run though so it would be best to do this last thing at night, ensuring that the tv is still plugged in at the mains.

It can be found in the OLED Panel Settings.

Tried the compensation cycle but still no joy.

Is that something I can do before going to bed? Does it turn off the TV automatically?

Thanks

Tried the compensation cycle but still no joy.

Is that something I can do before going to bed? Does it turn off the TV automatically?

Thanks

Never done one on my set yet (had it nearly a month now) so I'm not 100% sure.

I would assume that it would be similar to the compensation cycle in that the tv will turn itself into standby as soon as you trigger it via the menu.

You'll need to leave the tv plugged in at the mains with the power on as otherwise it won't run.

Never done one on my set yet (had it nearly a month now) so I'm not 100% sure.

I would assume that it would be similar to the compensation cycle in that the tv will turn itself into standby as soon as you trigger it via the menu.

You'll need to leave the tv plugged in at the mains with the power on as otherwise it won't run.

Thanks for your help, I might give that a try tonight :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help, I might give that a try tonight :thumbsup:

No problem :smashin:. I think it's a long shot tbh but it's worth a try.

If the issue is still there afterwards then it's definitely a defective panel & needs to be replaced.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom