1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange interference on TV from Sony DAV-SA30??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by lettuce, Mar 24, 2005.

1. lettuce

lettuce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Have just noticed the bottom right part of my Panasonic 32" TV had a strange fluctuating/shimmering effect. Can only really notice it on bright colours, in this instance white, and can only notice when playing the Playstation 2.
    I first though it must have been the scart plug not in properly, check that to no avail. So i thought it must the new Sony DAV-SA30 unit ive only just recently bought. Its placed on the shelf under the TV, roughly 4-5 inches away. First off i though maybe the Sub speaker was causing it, but completely unplug it and the fluctuating/shimmering was still their, tried completly unplugging the scart from the DAV-SA30 to the TV, and all the audio cables, still the fluctuating/shimmering carries on! But, When i turn the DAV-SA30 system off the fluctuating/shimmering effect disappears. So it must be the actual unit causing the problem maybe the amp inside. Is this possible??, i thought it should all be shielded?