Strange Humax fault.

the whistler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Box is a Humax HDR 1100S 500gb. Disc is 35% full.

I had several recordings scheduled last evening, but noticed all of them had failed. Tried again today, but anything I set up on the planner failed.

Instant red button recordings recorded ok
Manual recordings recorded ok.

Have tried, factory reset, disc clean but problem still persists. As a last resort I formatted the Hdd but still have the same problem.

I'm baffled by this as obviously the box will record, but not from scheduled recordings.

Can't think of anything else to try, so I guess it might be a new box which gives me the chance to upgrade to 4k.

Any ideas?

Our 4 boxes all have developed the same fault since yesterday. I did the same as you with no success. I would say its not a faulty box but something Humax have done. Hopefully they will fix soon.

That's interesting ... I had another problem a couple of months ago when the box was series recording programs which I hadn't scheduled. I contacted Humax who said I should contact Freesat. Contacted Freesat and they said contact Humax! I ended up unlinking the box and re linking it. Going to try that again.

Have had the same issue with Humax FVP-5000T, so are we thinking this is some sort of Humax issue? I even tried a retune, didn't make any difference.

EDIT: Sorry, this is a Freeview box, but as it's the same problem in the last two days it seems relevant!

Not just me then. I though the HDD was on the way out. I did a reformat, reset the box back to default but still failing on scheduled recording. It can record instantly by pressing the record button but when you schedule a recording it doesn't pop up in the planner at the scheduled time then leaves a failed recording message when it completes.

There's a service status update on the Freesat website:

Issue with failed recordings on some Freesat boxes​

We are aware of an issue with recordings failing on some Freesat boxes. Our team is working hard to resolve this as soon as possible.

We understand the inconvenience caused during this time and appreciate your patience.

We will give further updates as soon as they become available.

Sounds like Freesat are not sending the necessary programme flags to tell the box that the programme has started/finished.

Thanks for posting. Thought my venerable foxsat hdr was finally on her last legs.

Have had the same issue with Humax FVP-5000T, so are we thinking this is some sort of Humax issue? I even tried a retune, didn't make any difference.

EDIT: Sorry, this is a Freeview box, but as it's the same problem in the last two days it seems relevant!
Apparently not, seems to be due to the BBC causing an issue since BBC3 was reinstated to the Freeview EPG as it has been going on for weeks not just last night.

Apparently not, seems to be due to the BBC causing an issue since BBC3 was reinstated to the Freeview EPG as it has been going on for weeks not just last night.

Oh I see, so the renumbering of the channels has caused the Humax to go AWOL?

Oh I see, so the renumbering of the channels has caused the Humax to go AWOL?
Changes to the EPG data has apparently caused the issue. If you put the Freeview box on a BBC SD channel once a day (i.e. set a reminder) it should populate the EPG and scheduled recordings SD or HD then go OK.

Changes to the EPG data has apparently caused the issue. If you put the Freeview box on a BBC SD channel once a day (i.e. set a reminder) it should populate the EPG and scheduled recordings SD or HD then go OK.

Thank you, I'll give that a go. Had to watch some things on horrible catchup players for the last couple of days!

My box has only started doing this since Sunday, Also I've done what you suggested and it doesn't work.

My Humax Foxsat only appeared to start having the problem last night. The suggested fix doesn't work

My Humax Foxsat only appeared to start having the problem last night. The suggested fix doesn't work
What is the suggested fix for Freesat?

Seems to be fixed, but my recording of This Is Going To Hurt on Tuesday was missing the first few seconds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom