Strange horizontal lines

Chamberlain

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So was gonna put my C9 for sale and just in case i watched some different colors to make sure there was no burn in etc and i noticed these 3 strange horizontal lines on certain colors, has anyone seen this before? i marked where the horizontal lines are. They are quite faint and the compression doesnt help but hopefully you will still be able to see it.

20210116_142816.jpg

Last edited:
So was gonna put my C9 for sale and just in case i watched some different colors to make sure there was no burn in etc and i noticed these 3 strange horizontal lines on certain colors, has anyone seen this before? i marked where the horizontal lines are. They are quite faint and the compression doesnt help but hopefully you will still be able to see it.
Did someone forget to upload a picture ;)

Yeah, don't know what it is but I've had two cx's with it. I still have one of them sort of assumed it was common.

I can only see the black marks, is this maybe the Venetian blind or grid effect people talk about?

I can only see the black marks, is this maybe the Venetian blind or grid effect people talk about?
The black marks are there to indicate the horizontal lines moving across the screen. They aren't easy to spot but I can see them on op's picture. They are spaced where the black marks are. I believe it is the venetian blind effect, but only partially manifested.

The black marks are there to indicate the horizontal lines moving across the screen. They aren't easy to spot but I can see them on op's picture. They are spaced where the black marks are. I believe it is the venetian blind effect, but only partially manifested.

I know what the black marks are there for, I'm just saying I can't see anything else. Never mind.

Edit
------
Had a look on the mobile and I can just about make out the middle and top horizontal bands.

Last edited:
I know what the black marks are there for, I'm just saying I can't see anything else. Never mind.

Edit
------
Had a look on the mobile and I can just about make out the middle and top horizontal bands.
Yeah I have these on my cx, quite frankly you have to be panning across the sky fairly aggressively in games like botw to see it. (I mean it becomes more pronounced in motion.) Yet it can be annoying. However if you watch reviews of newest Oled's, it is quite evidently visible on all of them unfortunately. Both the CX Oled's I have owned had at least two pronounced bands like this.

Yeah I have these on my cx, quite frankly you have to be panning across the sky fairly aggressively in games like botw to see it. (I mean it becomes more pronounced in motion.) Yet it can be annoying. However if you watch reviews of newest Oled's, it is quite evidently visible on all of them unfortunately. Both the CX Oled's I have owned had at least two pronounced bands like this.

Really puts me off upgrading to newer OLEDs. I have a vertical band on my C7 and some streaks on my C8, but neither are really visible in the majority of content. From what I've seen from people complaining about the grid/Venetian blind effect it's more noticeable day to day, which is pretty damned poor.

Yeah, it was really hard to see in the picture. I can barely see it myself now lol. But this wasn’t the grid, it was just average uniformity because those horizontal lines also showed up near black i noticed later when checking in a dark room.

As for the grid i agree it’s a worry and a shame. My HZ1000 has showned it in some scenes but it’s only in HDR and really bright white panning scenes which almost never happens so i rarely see it and dont think about it anymore. However i briefly had a LG GX that was really bad in SDR and HDR for grid.

Im gonna hold on to this HZ1000 for a while for sure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom