Strange HDMI behaviour 42UK6950PLB

spung85

Standard Member
Reaction score
Good morning. mornin to decide whether or not to return my Tv. Problem occurs when switching on a hdmi device such as an Xbox one, then after that turning on the television from standby. I get a "No Signal" on the hdmi channel, I can switch hdmi ports and get the device to work but the original channel won't recognise any hdmi input until the television is switched off and on from the mains. Happens every time I switch on a device prior to the TV being being switched on. It's easy to work around but I haven't had this issue with any of my past lg TVs. Has anyone here experienced this and is there anything I can do in the settings to stop this from happening?

What devices do you currently have connected via HDMI to your TV?

Not a solution sorry, but our LG 55UK6500PLA has just developed a similar issue. The boy noticed that the HDMI-4 port had stopped working with the XBox360. Swapped cables and input devices; everything works on all other HDMI ports. Haven't tried switching the TV off at mains yet, but it's not really a fix. Only had it about 3 weeks so will be contacting Costco. Will update you if there's any developments.

... As does a 'default reset'.

Tried the "TV off at mains" after the boy told me HDMI 2 had now stopped working with the Xbox. All ports now working as they should but there's obviously something weird happening between the Xbox and the TV regarding the order they're switched on.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom