Strange HD Behaviour

Hillsman

Established Member
Reaction score
About an hour a go i was watching a program that i recorded on my Pace HD box, i decided to turn it off and then proceeded to check what was on the HD channels. Every HD channel i choose to view had a frozen picture of the recorded program i had just watched. If i left it a short while the picture started to break up and go green followed by the actual HD channel running ok for a time before breaking up again.

It was on every single HD channel i chose and not on any SD channel

Any ideas why this happened? :eek:

It seems fine now by the way.

Last edited:
Who knows the secrets of the Black Magic Box? :cool:

Sounds like time for a planner re-build. :smashin:

Who knows the secrets of the Black Magic Box? :cool:

Sounds like time for a planner re-build. :smashin:

Yeah i did that as soon as it happend. So far so good but its a problem ive never seen or heard of before... strange one!

This sounds like either a signal issue on one of your feeds or your power supply is on its way out.

I've had two boxes that did this. Instead of showing the channel I'd chosen it would show what I was watching last.

Ended up having both replaced under their respective warranties.

David

Mine started doing weird things like this. Turned out to be the power supply capacitors dying but I spent a long time first assuming it was a reception problem. Only realised the true problem when I finally got no signal lock on LNB 2 which persisted even when I swapped LNB input connections. Turns out this is a known symptom of a power supply problem.

Try checking the signal on LNB 2 (services>4>6). If you're happy to open the box eyeball the power supply capacitors, if faulty they'll be bulging on top. Obviously if under warranty then I'd watch your planner programs and get it swapped.

Power supply going??? :eek:

Ive had this Pace box under 1 month, it was brand new. Had 2 Thomson ones before that.

Didnt notice that part :) Hopefully then it really is just a dodgy feed!

Hey arent these Sky+HD boxes fun, you never know what weird thing might happen next. Seriously tho folks I have had a similar thing happen where my Thomson box wouldnt play back a recorded program, just got a frozen picture of the previous channel I had been watching.With a bit of frantic button pressing eventually got it to work & has been ok since, apart that is from the random lip sync problem & the occasional crash/switch off.....

Maybe..but there's hope.....I've had this issue a couple of times (approx once every six months) and the PSU is still going in my HD box.

Fingers crossed eh :thumbsup:

Power supply going??? :eek:

Ive had this Pace box under 1 month, it was brand new. Had 2 Thomson ones before that.

So the power supply problem is prevalent in the Pace box aswell!!!!
Not good news then.

So the power supply problem is prevalent in the Pace box aswell!!!!
Not good news then.
It's surely too early to know whether there will be PSU problems on the PACE.

It's surely too early to know whether there will be PSU problems on the PACE.

Exactly,
which is why I was wondering why many of the previous posts are saying that it could be a possibility.

dont know if this is the same issue but i had my pace hd box installed on wednesday, around 4pm on thursday(dont know the exact time) the hd picture was breaking up, after a little while it stoped and was perfect all night (lip sync aside:mad:)

but today around the same time it happened again

this is it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWE4V_lB6U

i rang the engineer but he took 10 mins to get back to me so i hung up but while i was on the phone i tried pause and rewind and the picture was perfect
but if i clicked stop it would breakup

like this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yhoyULzlkCM

a short time after it was fine and has been since:confused:

Last edited:
Thats exactly what happened with mine, its not done it since my post though.

Ive not had any problems since so just hoping its a one off?

mines been fine since too, lets hope thats the end of it:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom