Strange happenings with STRDB940

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rjcowan, Sep 18, 2001.

1. rjcowan

rjcowan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My current system is the sony amp above and kef KHT2005 speakers and sub. When listening to the speakers when TV/sat mode I am getting vocals coming from the sub. This doesnt happen when using my dvd.<br />Any suggestions?

2. Martin Clarkson

Martin Clarkson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is probably due to the setting of your speaker sizes. <br />Using dolby pro logic (whilst viewing TV/SAT) no disrete channel is defined for the sub. <br />You'll probably find that if your speakers are set to be small, the amplifier is sending all information below 80Hz or so to the subwoofer. <br />I have this configuration using a Yamaha DSP-620 and Accoustic Energy Aegis speakers, I find the Phil Mitchell quite requlary turns on my subwoofer from its sleep mode (not that I am watching Eastenders). <br />It might be worth your time adjusting the cut of on the subwoofer during this time to see if the voices go away.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Vocals shouldn't go to the sub, especially not if the cut-over frequency is around 100Hz.<br />Speech is in the range from 300-3400Hz, so it's a bit off ... as well the subwoofers x-over should not allow to amplify this.