1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange going on's - any ideas please

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by adieacc, Apr 2, 2002.

1. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently ordered the Die Hard Trilogy (R1) from what i thought was a well known supplier (i'm reluctant to nane names at this stage). just before easter i received the parcel through the post, only to find a Video and a R2 dvd, these i duly returned to the supplier expecting replacements for an incorrect dispatch. Today i spoke to the supplier who informed me that they only trade in R1 which are despatched from the states/canada to their HQ here (UK) then forwarded to the customer. And therefore there is no way that they could have sent them to me (this is my first order from them so therefore i don't have a trading history with them). They recommend that i contact trading standards, but won't return my £40. My questions are;

1 - Has anyone come across anything similar?
    2 - What are my rights?
    3 - Is it worth contacting TS / or my credit card company ?

What would you recommend as my next course of action ?

Adieacc

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

This is an easy one.

1) I hope you kept all the wrapping and packaging that your parcel came in! It will help back up your case, as the postmark or other labels, may give a clue as to who and where it came from.

2) The suppliers claim that they only trade in R1 materials. And yet, they were perfectly happy to accept your returned video and DVD! This is strange, to say the least. What have they done with the 2 returned items, that you sent to them? Do you have any proof of postage, to show when you sent it, and to which company?

3) If they never sent these 2 items to you, then clarify with them if ANY items have been sent to you. If they have, find out what has been sent, and when.

4) If not, then ask them why your credit card has been charged, before despatchment of the goods you ordered. (I presume that this is the case. Is it?)

5) Name the company to us. We can then help you out more. Don't feel ashamed about it, or worried, because legally you are not in the wrong... so far, from what I can tell of your post.

If you are worried, ask your credit company to revoke ALL and ANY payments made to this firm, until you say otherwise. That way, you aren't being out-of-pocket for the error that has occured.

Can you please tell all of us, a little more info please? Then we can hopefully help you out better?

Pooch

3. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your response, in answer to your questions.

The goods as i received them were returned to them in the same envelope. (yes i got a receipt for proof of postage).

At the time it never crossed my mind that they a) did not sell videos and b) only dealt in region 1

The company can show that a parcel was despatched (it was sent recorded delivery). I happily signed for it then opened it later, to find the wrong delivery.

My ideas seem to point to one of the following

a) The postal service, an individual in the chain has opened the parcel and substituted the delivery, but why bother re-filling the package?

b) The company just send out any old rubbish and claim to have sent the correct thing, keeping the proceeds.

I don't want to give the wrong impression of the company i used as so far they appear to have been very helpful. (The manager returned my call and informed me to contact trading standards).

We just appear to have reached an impass - I did not get what i ordered / They sent what i requested.

The company was Future entertainment

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used Future Entertainment for many months and they have never let me down, they keep me up to date with orders and dispatch via e-mail, with pre orders i recieve an e-mail at least once a week/fortnight. Thus far i think this company has had a good track record unlike some, and i'm surprised you are having difficulties getting it sorted out. Please keep us upto date with how you get on.

cheers bob

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I'd contact my CC. If you've been charged for something you aint received then that's fraud.
    Did you contact FE before posting the goods, and if so remember whom you dealt with there?
    In any case your CC will slog it out for you and refund you. Don't let it rest. May be try CIB if you feel the need, but they'll just ask if you paid by CC and then tell you that the CC will sort you.
    Hum, current CC theme here, spooky...[​IMG]

6. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    I buy a lot of movies from Future Ent, and while I';m not too happy about them charging before shipping the goods I have found them very trustworthy and would not hesitate in recommending them to anyone.
    This certainly sounds dubious..

7. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,978
    Can you describe the packaging that your delivery had.

Future Entertainment use distinctive packaging, and dont sell VHS or R2 Goods.

This sounds very dubious.

I have used Future Entertainment for months now and they are first class.

8. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I contacted the CC company last night and they are looking in to it, their first impressions were that they would stand the loss.

Please dont get the impression that i'm trying to diss First Entertainment, i've spoken to the manager there, Lee, who was very helpful. Who explained that they dont sell videos and they just foward the mail on once they receive it in the UK. The other orders i placed at the same time came through without any problems.

The envelope was one of the standard white envelopes with their logo on the front. Everything appears to point to someone in the postal service opening it and just substituting the goods.
    But i dont understand why they would substitute it with un-opened merchandise, a dvd and video would be worth maybe £20.

9. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It's a long shot I know, but maybe it was an accident - several parcels opened and then put back in wrong packages?

I usually shop online using my Switch card, but listening to this I think I will stick to my CC from now on - £40 for a DVD is a lot, but £40 for a video!! :eek: :( :mad:

10. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont mind £40 for the DVD (Die Hard trilogy)
    But like you say £40 for The Watermelon Woman (video) & Spaced DVD is a bit much