Question Strange Game Sharing Question

mossym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been answered previously, but it's a little different to any of the answers i can find.

i understand the premise of game sharing as most are using it. However, i have a slightly different problem.

when i had an xbox 360, i used the gamertag mossym, few here will know that.

when i bought a one, i logged inititally with my windows login, which was a different email from the one used with the mossym gamertag. so i ended up with a new gamertag.

i bought all my games with that usertag, but because i had a single xbox one, i was able to play them logged in as mossym.

Now, i just got a second xbox one for a different room. however, i'm just realising i have an issue.

if i log in as mossy on the other xbox, i will not have access to the games correct?

if i log in as the username that was created when i had my first xbone, i'll be able to play, but with a different GT and none of my progress so far.

i cannot think of a way to allow me to play as mossym on both consoles with my existing games. going forward, i can buy the games under mossym account and that will solve it, but am i missing any trick that will allow me to play both consoles with the old GT?

You might need to try it out but if you set one console as the Home Console then anyone logging into that can access the games. So Mossy is fine on that console. On the other console set the GT that has made all the purchases to Auto Sign in and then sign in as Mossy. I believe that if the GT is signed in then you should have access to the games but I am not certain on that as it's 2 licenses, 1 for Home Console and another for the GT.

Just setup game share with your 2 own usernames. Name 1 set as home Xbox on console 1 but name 2 set as auto sign in.
Name 2 set as home Xbox on console 2 but with name 1 set as auto sign in.

All games on both consoles and use either login you like.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom