1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange fault with my PV500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by greyhorse, Sep 2, 2005.

1. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    went to watch a film lasty night on my Panny Dvd recorder and it was in Black and white.

For some reason the scart on AV2 was playing up, took my other DVD player out of av4 and swapped them. Hey presto AV2 still in Black and white.

Changed leads still no Fix.

So turned PV500 off left it a few minutes re-plugged all leads in and hey presto got the colour back ??

Anyone ever heard of this before? If I had a wall mount set up I woukld have been seriously [Swearing - edited Ekko Star, Please read forum rules] as it would indicate I had to un-plug the leads for this fault to clear ???

Any views.

2. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I had a similar problem with mine recently. I was watching something i had recorded on Sky when the phone rang. I stopped the DVD recorder and answed the phone. The call lasted about 20 minutes. When i started watching again there was sound but no picture. I fiddled around with the leads for a few minutes but couldn't cure the problem. I then tried recording something but again only got sound with no picture. I then switched everything off, switched on again a couple of minutes later and it was all ok, including the latest test recording which was now showing a picture.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    sounds like you had the av on svideo some how when it was an RGB/composite signal?

not sure how you select s video on pannys, but maybe it defaulted back to norm (rgb/composite) when you switched it off?

4. gavinmrt

gavinmrt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try choosing the av channel on the front of the plasma instead of remote.