• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Strange experience!

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Just had a JW at the door.

He was on his own - I've never experienced that before.
Also - After giving me a leaflet - He left without putting up a fight o_O

Had two last week. Gave me a leaflet and invited me to some gathering at the village hall. Then asked me where I bought my wheelie bin camouflage wraps. When I told them I bought them off the Internet, they looked disappointed and said, they had never used the Internet. Was it just because they were old or do JWs not use the Internet?

Lee

Never mind, you can fight the next one :D

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Never mind, you can fight the next one :D
Must admit I do quite enjoy a good, er, debate, with them when I've got nothing better to do.

Epicurus

Prominent Member
Had two last week. Gave me a leaflet and invited me to some gathering at the village hall. Then asked me where I bought my wheelie bin camouflage wraps. When I told them I bought them off the Internet, they looked disappointed and said, they had never used the Internet. Was it just because they were old or do JWs not use the Internet?

We've got a whole family of them working with us and they definitely use the internet, maybe even too much! It's an awful, miserable existence for them from what I see so they live through the internet.

liamt

Distinguished Member
we just point them to the sign on the door that says 'no door to door salesman' and when they say they arent selling anything i say they are... a belief system.

im getting annoyed with telling them to piss off. and now i see they hide behind a child most of the time now.

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
Had one give us a leaflet in RHS Wisley the other day. She said it could help us find out how to be "truly happy".

She did look blissfully happy, to be fair, so it must work on some people.

liamt

Distinguished Member
Invite them in next time.....said no one, ever.

years ago when i was a student we had one come to the door. me and my housemate were both on LSD at the time. i told the JW that i wasnt interested but my mate would be and went into lounge and said there was someone at the door for him. 2 hours later they were still there, whilst i was laughing my bum off. they kept coming back and he was too polite to tell them to sod off

Had one give us a leaflet in RHS Wisley the other day. She said it could help us find out how to be "truly happy".

She did look blissfully happy, to be fair, so it must work on some people.

religion is a belief system. if you truly believe i bet it does work. i went out with a happy clappy christian many years ago. she was always annoyingly happy. :laugh:

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
They knocked once and I pointed out to them that if I was their religion my children would have no mother as she required several blood transfusions when she gave birth.

I kept asking why they thought my wife should be dead.

It’s funny watching them come down the road now as they walk straight past my house.

Chadford

Distinguished Member
Posted this before, but I got a couple of JW to hang around outside my house whilst I dug out a VW Beetle 1300 & 1300s car service manual. I wanted them to take it away for free and study it. I pointed out that they could read it at their own leisure, and that a certain amount of interpretation was required to get the most out of it.

They've not come back to me.

:)

Rog69

Distinguished Member
We had some a couple of weeks back, they usually sail right past my house as its not always obvious where the entrance is (pain in the ass with parcel deliveries too). I bolted upstairs and stripped off, put on my wife's flashing Halloween devil horns but by the time I got back downstairs they had gone.

They used to be a lot more persistent than that :(

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom