Strange dead pixel

bobble_bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung LCD and i got a dead pixel awhile back. its in the corner so doesnt bother me but if you look for it its clear.

I found another today more central but its a strange one. (the pixel is a grayish colour) Sometimes its visible and sometimes its not. Ive messed around with different colour backgrounds to try and spot it. When playing Oblivion on the intro screen its very visible , but so far ive not been able to spot it while watching freeview. I put me Wii on and had a white background, again couldnt see it. Could it be a stuck pixel or something?

If its not dead (which im not sure if it is as wouldnt i be able to see it all the time?) then what is it? :confused:

Dont have the Samsung hooked up to my pc to run that

So far ive only spotted the pixel on the Oblivion opening screen, nowhere else :confused: It is very visible on that screen tho so not sure why i cant see it elsewhere

does it change colour? if it does its probably stuck rather than dead so should be fixable, if its just black its dead.

if you cant hook up pc/laptop to the screen can you browse from a console connected to it, the java applet may work on PS3/Xbox 360

Cheers.

It doesnt seem to change colour, but one minute its their and then it may vanish for a split second and the return. But until i can spot it again hard to tell

if you gently massage the area it can sometimes fix a stuck pixel (try at own risk)

Curly

yep if you cant use screenfix via some kind of browser then with a soft cloth very gently massage the area where the problem pixel is, this can also work sometimes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom