1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Days - uncut on TV!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Jan 1, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Morning All,

Hope none of you partied too hard last night! :D

I was sad enough to actually stay in last night, and ended up watching and video-taping "Strange Days" on BBC1. The good news, is that the BBC showed the full, uncensored, US version of the film, including the missing 14 seconds that the BBFC removed. (Mainly from the scene of Juliette Lewis' character being attacked towards the end of the movie.)

The bad news, though, was that the film was only in TV widescreen 1.85:1, rather than the proper 2.35:1, which ruined a fair amount of director Kathryn Bigelow's composition.

Ah well! Nice to see what had been previously denied to me. And the missing seconds do make the attack, a far more repugnant and disturbing scene!

Pooch

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Strange Days, bought on the recomendation of the 5.1 track and very nice it is too. When ever some one watches/experiences the clips/snuff the sound goes into surreal mode with lots of effects coming from every direction. The only thing is I havent got a RF Demodulator for my AV32r yet so I cant listen to it!