1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Clacking sound from EVO sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by pez, Sep 7, 2004.

1. pez

pez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    This is in part a repost of a thread i started over in the Integrated Amps and Receivers section, as i thought it may have been my amp (a denon 2805)

howdy, ive heard a strange clicking sound that appears to be eminating from my new Acoustic Energy EVO sub recently, it sounds like 2 blocks of wood being knocked/clacked together, its intermittent, and it doesnt look like its source related as its there whether its plugged into the amp or not.

I switched the sub to on from AUTO to see what would happen and it was still there, then i switched it and the denon amp to off, the amp still on at the mains so the led at the back was red, and the clicking was still there (which struck me as odd).

ive swapped the rca lead that ive got going from the amp to the subs r input to the l input instead (says in manual it doesnt matter if you use a single cable plugged into either or a y cable plugged into both).

going to test out a few more things later.

one thing that concerns me is that in the pack not only did i get the Sub itself, 4 rubber feet, 4 spikes, a power lead and a manual, but there was also a clear fuse in there too.

i havent seen any info on where this is supposed to go, so its just sitting in the box at the moment.

should i panic now and switch the power off in the sub because the fuse isnt installed?

where would it go?

whats it for?

why no mention of it in the user manual?

it says 5TT 1.6A 250V at one end of the fuse, and bel 125v at the other.

better to take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement or drop it off at the shops service department and try to get them to fix it?

pez

2. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    The fridge? :D

Nimby