• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Strange channel changing

ptanser

Standard Member
Hi

I have a Panasonic HD LCD TV and have just upgraded to Sky HD (Amstrad Box) connected via HDMI

Sometime when I switch the box on it does not change to the HDMI channel, (the old sky+ work fine via the Scart)

and last night I was watching a DVD, and I heard the Sky Hdd fire up, and it changed to the HDMI channel and I was left with a black screen, (The sky box was still on standby), also does this when a recording starts.

I then had to manually change to TV back to the DVD AV2

any advice

Thanks

loz

Distinguished Member
you could try switching the HDMI inputs on the TV.

Panasonics will detect a signal on HDMI 1 and automatically switch to it, but not HDMI 2 (unless the source supports HDMI CEC codes, which Sky HD does not)

Though, I haven't heard of one switching to Sky just because it started recording before. Strange.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom