• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Strange bluetooth issues on Pioneer SPH-DA120.

williamw1987

Hey guys,

Bit of a strange issue with my SPH-DA120 and BT.

TLDR: I'm required to clear/reset the bluetooth settings EVERY time I want to use BT audio for music.

If I first connect my phone to the stereo via BT from totally fresh BT settings, my phone will connect for both call audio and music audio. As soon as I turn the HU off and on, I find that I receive:

"Bluetooth Audio service unavailable, please reconnect and retry."

I try disconnecting my device and then reconnecting, but all I get is call audio and no music audio.

I'll then either clear the BT memory OR reset the BT settings, reconnect my device and it works perfectly.

I replaced my original HU where I bought the device, and the second HU also does the same! So either I'm super unlucky or something within the installation process something isn't right.

Everything is connected fine and the handbrake green cable connected.

Just wondered if you guys have any ideas please?

Thanks very much!

Matt

williamw1987

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd update this in case any one else has the issue.

I have received a 3rd HU and can confirm that this is now working as expected. To give it the best chance at working, I got a replacement HU (along with wire harness for the HU) and when wiring everything back in, I connected the handbrake sensor to the handbrake but routed my cabling slightly differently this time round.

It could either be a faulty HU or something within the cabling perhaps that was maybe causing the solid grounding connection to be not so solid.

My advice would be to double check the grounding/handbrake sensor cabling, ensuring it's routed well and connect solidly. Failing that, potential HU issue itself.

Thanks!

Matt

Deosneos

Novice Member
Hi William,

I know that this is an old thread and you probably aren't here anymore, but could you give more details on the wiring you changed? What was the first setup and how did you change it?

I have the exact same issue and it is quite annoying. I no longer have a warranty, so getting into a discussion with Pioneer is not something I want to do.

celtic1967

Hi William,

I know that this is an old thread and you probably aren't here anymore, but could you give more details on the wiring you changed? What was the first setup and how did you change it?

I have the exact same issue and it is quite annoying. I no longer have a warranty, so getting into a discussion with Pioneer is not something I want to do.

OP was last seen on forum on March 20 this year. Why not send a PM to start a conversation, make attract his attention

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom