Strange Audio Problem With Itunes

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

If I play any track within iTunes the audio is turned up half way on the slider. If I access the same track via Finder>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Music and then the track the volume is a lot louder. Any reason for this?

Thanks

Baz

You've probably got sound levelling switched on under preferences :) it avoids big differences in volumes between files.

You've probably got sound levelling switched on under preferences :) it avoids big differences in volumes between files.

Hi

Whereabouts in preferences would I find that? I've looked under Sound and can't see anything.

Baz

Last edited:
Preferences>Playback>Soundcheck.

Hi

I took the check out of the Sound Check box and nothings changed The audio is still louder if I play the track fro the iTunes folder. Any ideas?

Thanks

Baz

There is independent volume control within iTunes as well take a look at the left of the information window, perhaps you just have it lower than your normal system volume?

There is independent volume control within iTunes as well take a look at the left of the information window, perhaps you just have it lower than your normal system volume?

Hi

Thx, I just presumed the audio would be the same as I have the iTunes and iMac audio sliders both half way.

Baz

Yes it still catches me out at times as well. But it is actually good as sometimes on my lowest system setting it is still too loud and then the iTunes setting helps turning it down.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom