Strange audio issue while using DD+ (Netflix / Amazon prime video) on a Q6FAM

r4w

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Apologies if this has been posted earlier, I did a search in the forum but I couldn't find anything relevant.

I have a bit of issue with a QE65Q6FAM and my Yamaha receiver.

My configuration is very simple: TV HDMI (ARC) -> Yamaha RX-A3070 HDMI (ARC)

- Working scenario:

1) TV Menu -> Audio -> Expert settings -> Bitstream as Dolby Digital while I'm in Netflix
2) I Play ANY content, I get Dolby digital (DD) on the receiver's display, audio plays as normal
3) I Pause the content, I get Decoder off and it stays like that until I resume the content.
4) I Resume the content, I get Dolby digital (DD) on the receiver's display, audio plays as normal

In Yamaha's world, Decoder off means No signal over the HDMI to decode.

- Non Working scenario:

1) TV Menu -> Audio -> Expert settings -> Bitstream as Dolby Digital plus while I'm in Netflix (please note that Yamaha said that the encoding is supported)
2) I play ANY content, I get Dolby digital plus (DD+) on the receiver's display, audio plays as normal
3)I Pause the content, I get Decoder off AND Dolby digital plus (DD+) all the times and it does like that until I resume the content. Video of the issue:
4) I Resume the content, I get Dolby digital (DD+) on the receiver's display, audio SOMETIMES plays as normal, SOMETIMES I can hear noise in the surround speakers

I'm trying to get Samsung to fix this, but it would be very useful to hear from you if you're experiencing the same issue and if you're using a different receiver, as they are accusing Yamaha at the moment of the issue.

Thank you in advance!

Just adding that this could be seen on any Samsung QLED TV and, possibly with any other receiver, as I'm surprised no one else as noticed this.
Mods: is it ok if I post this in the AV Receivers & Amplifiers too? Thank you!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom