Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Strange artefacts on captured video

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Choddo, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Choddo

Choddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I was capturing DV video (Pinnacle Studio8.5) to DV AVI under WindowsMe and everything seemed ok, although the 4 Gig file limit was annoying so...

I just installed WindowsXP and using exactly the same software (latest audio & video drivers installed) I get a funny line of corrupted pixels down the left - maybe 1 or 2 vertical lines wide.

I can't seem to get rid of it. Should I download a different codec?

Any help appreciated.

update: The video, while being captured and when output as (say) divx, just has a single line of pixels down the left that are slightly brighter than the rest, in playback within Studio, they look a lot worse, but less noticeable in the final version, but still annoying. I've tried Me again now, which has the same prob and plan on trying on another PC / firewire card... but if anyone has any ideas...?

Chods

2. prevailrob

prevailrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im currently getting the same problem and was wondering if you managed to find a solution.

It´s a clients pc and they capture from a Sony minidv deck via firewire to a Fast DV.Now card. PC is P3 550 running win 2k,. 512mb ram, and 3 7200rpm hard drives (seagate, quantum. ibm).

The 80gb Seagate drive was added recently, and the customer told me he was dropping frames when capturing to that drive. So i just booted up his gear, started to capture and it doesnt drop frames at all, but he does get some mpeg artifacts on a few random frames. I´ve captured to all his drives and tried different source tapes just in case and as it stands I´ve no idea why its doing this.

Cheers,
    Rob

3. Choddo

Choddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, never did figure it out, but it seems to be in the overscan area as it doesn't show when played back on a TV, so I decided I'd just have to live with it.

C