Strange/annoying ATV2 XBMC problem

davemulheran

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone experienced this and has managed to resolve?

My ATV2 is wired cat6 to my network. That works fine

I have set up two library shares in XBMC: Movies and TV shows. Linked to my iMac

I have quite a lot of media so it takes a while for XBMC to scrape and load all the files.

Once its done its updating, happy days UNTIL....

randomly, could be a few days from now... could be a week... could be a few hours... XBMC doesnt recognise the share location for either movies or tv shows.

To fix, I edit the share location, relocate my iMac in zeroconfig / samba and low and behold it changes the IP address and all works again... but the major pain in this is the re loading of AL the metadata etc again!

I have an ATV1 in the be4droom with xb,c also and this never suffers this problem of losing the share location, its only the ATV2

It also happens with XBMC that I have loaded on my macmini downstairs in the front room too

can any one help me to understand what is causing this and how to fix?

the basic connection of the network is as follows (all cat6)

BT homehub, wireless disabled and wired to apple time capsule.

Time capsule wired to 8 switch hub

Hub wired to ATV2, iMac, macmini

Now im assuming the problem lies here as the ATV1 is purely wireless and has no prob

Help please :)
Dave

Probably a bug in XBMC ATV2, I'd ask over on the XBMC forums for more info and have your logs posted as well.

The only suggestions I can think of are;
1) Download all the metadata for XBMC in place so it doesn't have to re-scrape the media.
2) Switch over to AFP shares instead of Samba, they should be present in the Eden beta 2 build for XBMC.
3) Switch over to NFS shares (same as above).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom