STR-DN1080 Volume control

ccarmock

Standard Member
I have a Sony STR-DN1080 being used with a Sony VPL-VW 85 projector and currently an old BDP-S550 blu ray player. the combination works well, however I am keen to see if I can control the AV receiver volume from the Blue Ray Player remote. The Volume controls on it are programmable, and currently are set to code 01 (Sony) and while this will allow it to control the sound on a Sony TV it will not control the STR-DN1080. I wonder if anyone knows which code, if any will work with the receiver?

ccarmock

Standard Member
I must admit I thougt that too, but this just doesn't work for me - even though every devices in the chain is a Sony device. My connection is Sony BDP-S550->BD in on Sony STR-DN1080 then from it's TV Out -> Sony VPL-WV85 All firmware that is latest and HDMI CEC is enabled on all three devices.

If I connect the BluRay player directly to the projector it's IR receiver will receive and pass controls to the Blu Ray player, with the STR-DN1080 in the path that no longer works.

If I go into the projector menu and Control for HDMI and list the HDMI devices it lists the STR-DN1080 as a Tuner, receiver and Player I'd expect the player to be listed as the BDP-S550. I guess it's possible the S550 is just too old to suppor this, however I woudl expect the projector to pass HDMI controls for volume to the receiver - but no.....

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom