STR-DN1060 Bluetooth issue

RMeijn

Novice Member
LS,
as from this weekend on, my six year "old" Sony STR-DN1060 is exhibiting serious issues with Bluetooth, starting after a firmware update (successful) to M29.R.0533.
My Sony WH-XB900N did pair and connect, but no audio; my Sennheiser LE-HD450BT connected with audio (AAC codec).
Previously, my Sony headphone did work fine, so I started troubleshooting by changing Bt settings (enforce codec, quality); nothing worked to the extent that the screen effectively froze (disconnect power for reset) several times and a reset (on>off+7s) did also not work.
Eventually, I managed to reset the receiver (CLEARING ...) but Bluetooth remained faulty (paired, connected, no audio; for different devices); Bluetooth even crashed and cleared the complete list of paired devices several times.
I am puzzled by this behavior: mainboard issue of BT-module.
Thus, I would appreciate any feedback (although I decided to bring in the unit for repair in the meantime, as I am still quite happy with its functionality): is this a common fault and is it related to mainboard of BT-module of perhaps a broken installation of firmware (although not reported).
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
René Meijn
The Netherlands

RMeijn

Novice Member
Hi,
in the meantime I have had my STR-DN1060 repaired by replacing the Main Board for a new one.
The Bluetooth module has not been changed.
It appears like the issue has been solved.

Kind regards,
René Meijn
The Netherlands

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom