STR-DN1060 Bluetooth issue

RMeijn

Novice Member
LS,
as from this weekend on, my six year "old" Sony STR-DN1060 is exhibiting serious issues with Bluetooth, starting after a firmware update (successful) to M29.R.0533.
My Sony WH-XB900N did pair and connect, but no audio; my Sennheiser LE-HD450BT connected with audio (AAC codec).
Previously, my Sony headphone did work fine, so I started troubleshooting by changing Bt settings (enforce codec, quality); nothing worked to the extent that the screen effectively froze (disconnect power for reset) several times and a reset (on>off+7s) did also not work.
Eventually, I managed to reset the receiver (CLEARING ...) but Bluetooth remained faulty (paired, connected, no audio; for different devices); Bluetooth even crashed and cleared the complete list of paired devices several times.
I am puzzled by this behavior: mainboard issue of BT-module.
Thus, I would appreciate any feedback (although I decided to bring in the unit for repair in the meantime, as I am still quite happy with its functionality): is this a common fault and is it related to mainboard of BT-module of perhaps a broken installation of firmware (although not reported).
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
René Meijn
The Netherlands

RMeijn

Novice Member
Hi,
in the meantime I have had my STR-DN1060 repaired by replacing the Main Board for a new one.
The Bluetooth module has not been changed.
It appears like the issue has been solved.

Kind regards,
René Meijn
The Netherlands

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom