STR-DG910 or STR-DA1200ES ?

mrpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
Wonder if you could help me please guys,

I have a PS3, Sony KDL32V4000 and a Sony DAVDZ260 ( yes I like Sony :) )

Now although im happy with the DAVDZ260, I want to upgrade already, starting with the reciever, as I plan on running the speakers on the DAVDZ260 until I can afford some better ones.

I like how with the bravia sync and theatre buttons on the Sony remotes, I can use just the one remote without having to mess around with two.

Im babbling here so apologies, could some of the excellent members on this forum give me some advice on which of the above amps in the title would I be best suited, the DG910 or the 1200ES ?

Cheers everyone.

Hi,

I own DG910 and it work without any issue for me... I still have it after upgrade to Denon for my future use in my bedroom or gym (someday:smashin:)

But these models are discont... and you might not find them easily. Better to go with newer models like Sony STR- DA2400 ES or Denon 1909 or Onkyo...

If you still select b/w 910 and 1200ES I will say 1200ES!

I hope it helps!

Thanks

Neither of these amps can deal with the hd audio codecs, so if you are intending to buy a bluray player in the future, you should look at the DG820 or DA2400ES.
The 820 should meet all your present and future needs, the 2400 will do it slightly better.

Either of these would do as far as i am aware as they both do theatre sync which would let you keep the same 1 remote controls all system you have now.
however i think they are both discontinued so the strdg820 or strda2400 are your new options,

the 820 is a very good budget amp as kalababa said before me (check out the forums if you don't believe us).
the 2400 has a better on screen menu, and also will upscale everything you put through it.
both should be compatible with your dav speakers but you will soon find that they aren't good enough!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom