STR-DE400 Optical Digital inputs!

gasfran

Standard Member
Hello all, I hope you can help me understand something here. I have recently purchased this receiver (STR-DE400) and have connected the DVD audio through the Optical input instead of the Coaxle digital input and when I'm watching a movie the sound keeps on resetting and showing "Unlock" on the display panel. Can somebody explain why? I would love to know what I have to do to fix this, presently I have to switch it to analog to stop it from resetting all the time.

dante01

Distinguished Member
SF LOCK ON/OFF CHANGE MODE

Procedure:

1. While pressing the [MUSIC] and [DMPORT] buttons, press the [POWER] button to turn on the main power.

2. Either the message “SF LOCK [OFF]” or “SF LOCK [ON]” appears

gasfran

Standard Member
thank you for taking the time to help me on this. I have a question though, the DM port, is that the "Dual Mono" button on the remote?
Just to get this clear in my head, you simultaniously press the "Music" button and the "Dual Mono" button while pressing the "Power" and a message should come up on the screen indicating whether it is in lock mode or not. Is that correct?

dante01

Distinguished Member
thank you for taking the time to help me on this. I have a question though, the DM port, is that the "Dual Mono" button on the remote?
Just to get this clear in my head, you simultaniously press the "Music" button and the "Dual Mono" button while pressing the "Power" and a message should come up on the screen indicating whether it is in lock mode or not. Is that correct?

The DM port (Digital Media) is an input on the rear of the unit. There's a source input button on the remote marked 'DMPORT'.

You press the buttons on the receiver itself and not the remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom