1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

str-db930

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by spanners 67, Jul 9, 2004.

1. spanners 67

spanners 67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, new to all this so please be patient with me.........

I have a str-db930 which was bought second hand.

It has performed very well and has led to a new set of speakers (Eltax) being bought.

I couldn't afford the sub woofer at the time and have just got an Eltax Atomic A8.2.

BUT...................I get nothing from the sub, I have tried plugging the output from my cd direct to the sub and it works fine so therefore, says me, it must be with-in the amp the problem lies.........

I have selected sub woofer 'on' in the speaker set up. Now I am stuck, please help!

Spanners

2. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    First, are you sure you're using the subwoofer OUT instead of the IN sockets at the back? When I first got an SACD capable player and hooked it up via the 5.1 analogue connectors I scratched my head for 10 mins as no sound came out. Then I realised I'd hooked it up to the outputs. Could be you've done it the other way around for your subwoofer.

Having checked that, can you chain your DVD player through the amp via 5.1 analogue connectors? You already know the output works direct from it so it should pass through without any monkeying around. This is in case it's some sort of config problem with the amp's onboard DTS/DD decoder.

Last of all I think there are two Sub outputs on the amp so make sure you try them both. IIRC they should both work, but try both just to be certain.

Cheers,

Gavan