1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Story form a TV series, what was the series?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,179
    Does any one remember this story?
    A man is put under hypnosis at a party and whilst under he sees a man trapped in a lift, a cage type that just goes between two floors in a mansion. When he is brought round he is most upset by the vision and proceeded to track the mansion down.
    He eventually tracks it down with the help of an estate agent. It is in an out of the way place and has not been lived in for years. They enter the building and look around taking the lift to the first floor they have a look round there but can find no evidence of any such event happening.
    The estate agent exits via the staircase; the man searches further but cannot find any clues. He enters the lift and half way down the lift sticks.
    He is trapped, he had a premonition of his own doom.

I thought this was from the series One Step Beyond but I have a brief episode guide but cannot find any mention of it. Does anybody else remember it?

2. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, Garrett,
    I seem to remember that one. Was it from Tales of the Unexpected.

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    spooky

sounds like twilight zone / outer limits

on the TOFU front I somehow got it into my mind it was Toyah dancing behind the flame

no idea why mind you

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,179
    I seem to remember it was in B/W and it disturbed me. eek:
    I also seem to remember all the One Step Beyond were based on true stories, not unless this was lie.
    The music was practically the same if not the same as the second series of The Outer Limits (Harry Lubin).

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,179
  6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,179
    After doing some searching I found some more info on this story. I was right it was from One Step Beyond and it was an episode called The Villa staring Elizabeth Sellers (the one who gets her eyes pecked out in Omen II) and Ronald Lewis anybody remember him? (sort of a minor British leading actor).
    I was slightly out on one aspect it was a woman who saw the man in the elevator in her vision this now makes me now think she was on holiday when this happened and she was visiting the villa with the lift in just before she was going to the airport to come home. She went with an estate agent and took the lift to the first floor (the controls for the lift where inside the cage). On the way up the lift threw a wobbler but reached the first floor, they then decided not to use it and exited via the stairs. The man went to the villa looking for her and took the stair to the first floor and took the lift down where upon it stuck, and he was trapped.
    This was based on a true story as all the others in the series of 94 this one being the third from the last ever.:eek: