Storm of the Century - dvd

GJC

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Watched this over the weekend and thought it was great. If you have 4hrs to kill then this is a good, if twisted film.

Yeah a great show, I saw it years ago on video. Where did you get it, I searched for it on Play and CDwow but neither of them had it

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi,

Just ought to mention, that the disc is double-sided, dual layered title. As such, you need to handle the disc (obviously) with great care. I so wish Trimark had released the DVD on 3 discs instead, with each part placed on one single-sided, dual-layered disc. It may have cost more to buy, but it so deserved better treatment.

Damn good mini-series though! Wonderully creepy!

"Give me your children, and I'll let you live!" :D

Pooch

Born in Sin - come on in.

Born in Lust - turn to dust.

:devil:

What aspect ratio is the picture?

Hi Kazuya,

It's been released in the original 4:3 full frame ratio, which - as it was made for US TV back in 1999 - was how it was originally filmed.

I have to admit, that with the exception of "Ringu" (classic Japanese horror film from about three years ago), this is the only horror film to be genuinely creepy and unnerving! Best watched, at night, in the dark, and on your own!! A great, and vastly underrated Stephen King mini-series.

I wish Channel 4 would repeat it, because they transmitted it over 3 nights, in three 100 minute blocks, which was perfect. The DVD runs the entire story, in one gigantic marathon, with no breaks of any kind, which is a bit annoying, because nowhere appears to seem convenient to stop watching it. Even at the end of Side 1, the break is very, very abrupt, and not at all convenient. However, still worth getting on region 1 DVD, or UK VHS (as a double-pack for £14-99 from Warner Bros UK Ltd.)

Oh, and as far as I have found, Stephen King has NEVER published any kind of novelization of this story, anywhere in the world, despite what people on the IMDB say!

It was written exclusively for TV by King, and was NOT adapted from one of his books. However, if you do want to read something, then the only thing you are going to be able to get is the "Stephen King: The Storm Of The Century" scriptbook, which is basically the script as seen on TV, with almost no differences between the original writing and the transmitted version. A genuine novelisation of this, would have been brilliant. (A shame that IMDB users can't tell the difference between a script book, and a novelisation!)

Anyone else, looking forward to Stephen King's newest US TV series "Kingdom Hospital", based on Lars Von Trier's "The Kingdom"?! It's due to air on BBC3 and BBC2 over the Summer, this year! All 15 hours of it (Each episode being an hour, with ads, or 45 without, except the first and last episode, which are double-length ones!)

Pooch

Thanks for info, Pooch.

I watched this on C4 originally - but missed the first episode. Was it on around Christmas time one year? Anyway, loved it and wanted to see it again ever since...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom