Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Storm MkI and Yamaha Z9

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Gary Nash, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Gary Nash

Gary Nash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I used to have the Yamaha DSPA1 and the Rel was just fine, however since upgrading to the Z9, I've noticed a strange problem.
    When navigating the DVD menus, there is an audio pop that occurs as the menu selection is started and then end, returning to main menu. The effect appears to be amplified by the REL (the pop appears to come from all the speakers, not just the sub. If the REL is powered off, or the interconnect removed, the audio pop can barely be heard.
    Sometimes this pop is heard when discs hit the layer change.

I'm using the Z9s rca 5.1 subwoofer out jack to the low level input on the REL.
    Z9 crossover set at 90Hz, but varying this makes no difference.

Anyone have similar experience or tips for correcting this (other than turning off the subwoofer!!)

Thanks.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary,
    I own the Z9 and have 2 subs connected and have never "touch wood" encountered this problem :(
    If i was you i would have a word with your Dealer and see if they can help, i'm sure you have double checked all of your wireing?
    It certainly sounds like your source equipment is generating this problem, I hope you sort it out mate.

John