Storing JPEGs and MPEGs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by arthurwatt, Aug 23, 2004.

1. arthurwatt

arthurwatt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good afternoon

can anyone tell me if it is possible to record JPEG images onto a DVD? In the past I have burned my digital photgraphs onto a data CD on my PC. I would also use the DVD recorder for transferring my Camcorder footage onto DVD format.

I have seen that some of the Panasonic DVD recorders have a memory stick input, so that might enable me to store the JPEGs onto DVD.

I am also thinking about buying the Sony DSC-W1 digital camera, this can also store video (MPEG) on the memory stick, would it be possible to move the data onto a DVD (an alternative to using S-VIDEO).

Thank you

Arthur

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,901
    Assuming it is a digital camcorder then any machine with an iLink socket will be ideal (Panasonic E65, Toshiba DR1, Pioneer 320) although a HDD/DVDR machine would give you more options (Panasonic E95, Panasonic E500 or Toshiba RDXS32). If it's an analogue camcorder then any DVD recorder will do - although again a HDD/DVDR is more suited.

The Panasonic E65, Panasonic E95 and Panasonic E500 allow you to transfer JPEGs from the SD or PC Card slot to DVD-RAM and they can be played back in slideshows etc. They cannot, however, be copied to DVD-R for playback on other DVD players.

The support for video from portable devices on the Panasonic models is slim to say the least. The E500 allows MPEG4 recording/copying to DVD-RAM but almost certainly won't work with your Sony.

3. Dr Downey

Dr Downey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most PC DVD authoring software will do Jpeg to DVD type stuff, obvioulsy you'd need a DVD burner in your PC for that, or if you do go for a recorder that has Ilink, then you should be able to transfer to DVD that way.

321 studio's did a piece of software to make JPEG DVD's, don't know if that is really what you are looking for?

Cheers!