Storing and Accessing Music on my NAS

Response from Synology on my album artist issue:

The grouping of songs by Album Artist is at present the current design of the way Audio Station works. The Song Search process detailed in the previous message should populate both the Artist and Album Artist fields based on the web search performed for this.

I have forwarded this to our engineering team to allow this to use just Artist to group songs as well as a feature request and they will evaluate it and reach out if they have any other questions regarding this. If you have any further feature requests or idea's on how we can improve our software, feel free to submit these through our dedicated feature form online:

My CDs have all been stored as FLAC files on my NAS and I use a steaming preamp to play them. I can also access them via my tablet or phone using the QFile app.

Response from Synology on my album artist issue:

The grouping of songs by Album Artist is at present the current design of the way Audio Station works. The Song Search process detailed in the previous message should populate both the Artist and Album Artist fields based on the web search performed for this.

I have forwarded this to our engineering team to allow this to use just Artist to group songs as well as a feature request and they will evaluate it and reach out if they have any other questions regarding this. If you have any further feature requests or idea's on how we can improve our software, feel free to submit these through our dedicated feature form online:
I should message them to ask for an album artist view in audio station.

I just moved my iTunes library off my Mac and onto a drive on my NAS, I get the drive auto mounted to the Mac and just tell iTunes where the library is now - that takes care of the Mac side, and iTunes will still function as it always does - then you can point all the other devices to the disk on the NAS (eg I point my Sonos to my nas so I dont have to have the Mac on all the time)
I guess there are a few different ways to deal with iTunes/Music on the Mac and a Synology drive. I prefer to maintain my core music collection in the Music folder on my Mac, but I've set up a one-way sync to my DS218+ via Synology Drive client on my Mac. I also sync my Playlists by exporting them as m3U files (not M3U8), editing the file paths to suit the Synology music folder and saving to the Music folder (with Unix linefeeds as iTunes/Music exports with Mac legacy linefeeds and they won't work with Synology). I use the same process to sync my full library to my Sony NW-ZX300.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom