• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

store tracks on ps3

dustinr

hi i want to move some pictures and music from my pc windows xp windows media player 11 to my ps3 i have a wireless network when i searched for media servers on my ps3 i got a windows icon on ps3 but could not play tracks i stored on pc i did save a playlist and shared media on pc if anyone can help thanks in advance

Fmrl

While you are browsing the contents of your media server you can press triangle. This gives you the option of copying the selected file or folder from the PC to the PS3 hard disk.

Fmrl

Having read your post again I think I might have misunderstood your problem - sounds like you've not added your PC files onto the "sharing" page inside WMP.

I did try setting this up once and it seemed straightforward but then I installed TVersity which is a lot easier to use.

BigIR

You need to make sure that the folder where your files are is actually being shared, there is an option called add to library I think and in there you can see what folders are being monitored/shared and add more if necessary.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom