Stopping credit card applications

Lostsoul 301281

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Basically, how do I stop credit card applications being mailed to me.
I get about 2 or 3 a month, from Barclays and Halifax.
I've never had accounts with these banks.
I'm getting fed up of this junk dropping through the letterbox.

Is there some way I can easily request they stop sending them? Or even some kind of block preventing them being sent?

I'll look into that.
Thanks!

Never thought of that.
I'll have to start doing that too.
I registered with the MPS thing, but there's bound to be a few that are already winging their way to me.

Or you could mail the Barclays one to Halifax and vice versa

Hello,

Most of these return addresses are free post or post paid by the company. It costs the company money when you send the reply back. So get a load of bricks, tape return to brick and take to post office. Yes it means going to the post office to do it, but if more folk started doing the same, these companies would soon stop sending this spam rubbish out as it would cost them fortunes on every return.

Rob n Sue

ps: alternatively, just return it to them without the brick, it'll still cost them something and you can just stick the letter in a post box then.

Hello,

Most of these return addresses are free post or post paid by the company. It costs the company money when you send the reply back. So get a load of bricks, tape return to brick and take to post office. Yes it means going to the post office to do it, but if more folk started doing the same, these companies would soon stop sending this spam rubbish out as it would cost them fortunes on every return.

Rob n Sue

ps: alternatively, just return it to them without the brick, it'll still cost them something and you can just stick the letter in a post box then.

Does it really cost them to get the letter back? It doesn't cost a private individual, even if it's coming back from abroad.

He means return it if there is a Business Reply Paid envelope included.

bre-dl-1000x1000.jpg

Ah right - got it - I was not being devious enough :)

This might be a good idea.
The other one I saw was to send all other junk mail back those envelopes.
All the takeaway menus etc.

Ah right - got it - I was not being devious enough :)

Having said that, this will not help you stop getting the spam - it's part of a larger and bolder strategy to stop all spam.

So if you send a brick in the reply envelope, you should still return the original envelope with 'unknown at this address' or similar :)

I just scrawled "piss off" across the latest application form to drop through the letter box today, and sealed it in the return envelope to be posted tomorrow.
Bit childish, yes. But I'm going to start having a bit of fun with them now until that MPS thing kicks in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom